“The Secret Life of Pets” is out to somewhat mixed reviews. It might make pet owners and non-pet owners wonder about animals and their behaviors.
Here are some not-so-secret, but still interesting, facts about the lives of pets:
1. Dogs tilt their heads when something catches their interest and they want to hear it well.
2. A garter snake is prolific: It can give birth to 85 babies.
3. Cats knead (or press) their paws when they are content.
4. Iguanas can hold their breath for up to a half-hour.
5. Rabbits bite or dig at your feet when they want your attention or when they want you to move out of their way.
6. Dog urine is dangerous: It’s been known to corrode metals.
7. Ferrets like chasing games.
8. A goldfish can live a long life: Up to 40 years.
9. Guinea pigs toss their heads up in the air when they are annoyed at being petted.
10. An adult cat is Olympic-worthy: It can run up to 12 miles per hour and sprint at about 30 miles per hour.
Sources: Internet sites